Update: DCH officials say the 8 employees work in their markets throughout the Rio Grande Valley area and Victoria.
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As medical workers continue to remain at the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic, many are faced with the reality of contracting the virus.
According to reports, there are eight employees from Driscoll Children’s Hospital that have tested positive for COVID-19 throughout their markets in the Rio Grande Valley area and Victoria.
Officials at Driscoll Children’s Hospital say the employees work at various locations in their organization, but do not work as clinical personnel.
Driscoll’s Media Relations Specialist, Ben Castle, says the eight employees are not all from the Corpus Christi area.
The eight positive COVID-19 cases at Driscoll Children’s Hospital come from employees that work at various location across South Texas, including Brownsville and Harlingen.
This is a developing story and 3News will keep you updated as soon as any new details come in.
- More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Founder of Burn Pits 360 now fighting to get his case heard by the Supreme Court of the U.S. for his injury
- Police on the lookout for hit and run driver
- County-by-County Breakdown: How many cases of COVID-19 are there in the Coastal Bend?
- Researcher from TAMUCC Task Force recovers from the coronavirus